Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Another batch of photos

I have no idea what the plants are below. They are vibrant and make me smile, and that is all that counts. I keep looking through photos online in hopes of figuring out what they are. (grin)

    

 These flowers appeared this morning. I had not noticed them a few days ago.

         
Some sort of foliage... This other one, plantain, maybe?


    
 I think I saw this one to the left in a book... I cannot remember what it is, of course. The one to the right is lupin, I believe.



 A geranium-like leaf.


The other is some sort of vine.

 Violets, I think. The one to the right? I know this one! Miner's Lettuce, or Claytonia for those who did not live in a mining area.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, and remembered what today symbolizes. Clue: It is not picnics and barbecues...

2 comments :

  1. "strange leaf groupings", the spoked leaved plant may be lupine. You'll see flowers soon, clustered things, come in violet or yellow that I've seen. I'm told it requires fire to germinate but that's not entirely true, I don't burn my yard and it came up this year. Pretty thing, seed pods remind me of peas but it's not a vine or runner - IF you've got the same thing I do. No guarantees, of course.

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones at the top, the blue ones look like pansys.

    ReplyDelete