Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Monday, July 11, 2011

I have... Food! (Black Thumb of Death Gardening)

Edit: I have imported this from my The Black Thumb of Death Gardening Blog to my regular blog...  

Yes, we have been eating off our garden already. Okay... the lettuce,kale, spinach, radishes and bunching onions so far. But it is a start! I am cutting kale, spinach, oregano and parsley and drying them, having done two batches so far. I want to make myself some veggie crackers and making my own vegetable powder to add to it.

Below are photos from the garden. There are two of some items, one from mid-June and one from yesterday. So far, I think I am having beginner's luck!


 The two photos above are blooms from the kidney beans.
 The borage in mid-June.

 The two photos of the borage from yesterday. It will be flowering any day now!

 The cabbage in mid-June...

 The cabbage yesterday. Today, it is even bigger and well on its way to form heads.

 The corn is doing well. The second planting is doing well and the third one popped up yesterday.

 ...and the peas are blooming.
The strawberries are doing well and we should have enough for a nice dessert soon. I did not plant enough for jam. I will have to go the farmer's market to buy enough. Bad planning on my part.

More in a few days. I am not a morning person and never have been. Ick. Now, I enjoy sipping my coffee, picking tree debris from the night before out of the beds, tending the plants and watering them. I never thought I would enjoying this. Surprise!

No comments :

Post a Comment