So much for sleep... A new puppy

I should be sleeping right now. The puppy, Sally, sleeps about 4 hours before she gets up to play, pee (not on the pad), eat, drink, play some more, then go back to sleep. It has been almost 16 years since I have had a puppy. The ice is still covering the potty area outside. Sally will learn, with tons of patience, how to use the pads and the outside area. Maggie, my peke, did. This little smartie will too.

 Above, Sally ignoring her puppy pad. We took them out of the holder. That helped. Once.

She is having no trouble adjusting, if one wants to use the photo here showing her sleeping on a blanket on the couch. How abused....

Her skin is very dry. I gave her a bath with puppy shampoo that is supposed to help puppy skin. She loves the supplement I mix a few pieces of kibble with. She is eating very well, far more than the breeder thought. She plays when she is awake. Maybe she is burning off more energy?

Oh yeah. She woke at 2:30 am for potty and play. She was hungry and chowed down on an organic baby carrot with great delight. It must of felt lovely on her teeth.

I must nap while I can...

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

4 comments:

  1. Sally is adorable...Sleep when you can. Our Finley was a summer puppy and he loved to go outside at about 4 in the morning. He thought this was a great time to play also.
    Your pictures are so cute, I love the one with the blanket. Have a great day, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, I am in Nampa,Idaho.
    I also wanted to say the sweeter is amazing...so beautiful. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary. I think I put a link to the sweater pattern in an earlier post. It is from Knitty, a freebie. (grin) You all have some hot summers in Nampa! I love the photos of your house you had on your blog. Still gardening too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl so glad to hear you found a love for the hole in your heart!

    puppies? pfffffffffffffffffffffff!

    ReplyDelete