Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Sally and Monster Kniited Pants

Yesterday was Sally's birthday. She is now 2 years old. She has been a joy for us two. She has a wonderful personality, bringing at least one smile daily to us.



I am sure she did not see going to the salon as a happy thing, though, she adores the young woman who bathes and grooms her.




Here she is, though her bib is wet from getting a drink before I could get her to sit. She does not like the whole photo thing.


I finally got my youngest grandson's "Monster Pants" finished and sent off. I cannot wait to see him in them. The pattern can be found on Ravelry. They were easy to make. The mouth is short-rowed, the rest of the "face" is done in duplicate stitch. I used a yarn that is washable and can be put in a low dryer. Toddlers need washable clothing. His coat I put on a previous blog seems to be holding up nicely.

Now... to dye a few pounds of various colored wools so I can start lockerhooking some rugs. I still need to find a new wooden drying rack to slide the screen-covered frames on for better drying of the wool. there was a woman making heavy-duty racks a while back up here. I hope she is still in business. We lost so many cool craftspeople to a economy that has become hostile to well-made local goods over the last 5 years. sigh....

I hope you all are having a great holiday season! We two make sure to tell every person we deal with "Merry Christmas!" I know, we are non-theists. It is no reason to not make others smile and show some respect for their beliefs, no?

1 comment :

  1. Happy Birthday Sally! You are beautiful@

    ReplyDelete