Happy 2010!

I hope the next year is better for everyone! (woof...)

Guess what we woke up to this morn? (Like that is a surprise up here.) It was early, the photos show the bluish-cast the light gives that time of morning. The first photo is looking off my porch towards the highway (east). The second is to the side of the property with the two squirrel/bird feeders. I need to make more peanut-butter suet blocks. The last photo is looking towards the end of the driveway.



I wanted Malt-O-Meal muffins. Those who sneer at this, I give a noisy, wet raspberry in return. I love these. I forgot to buy eggs. Oops. I added a tbsp. of vinegar and 1/2 tsp. of baking soda to try to get a little rising action going. They came up fluffier than biscuits, at least. A bit crumbly. All in all, still tasty and they took care of the flavor-craving I was having.

Below is two quick snaps of the supposed-to-be double-knit scarf for my grandson. Putting them on dpns made it quicker, scarves being boring as hell to knit. The pattern pulled in the material. When I moaned over that, my grandson said not to pull it apart, he still liked it as it is. He is 7 years old and loves handmade things, even if they are wonky. What a sweetie. I am not a color-pattern knitter. That is obvious. I found I can read while using dpns, it is faster than two circulars and I do not have to think at all, usually not a problem anyway.



The inserted skull and crossbones pattern is one meant for a pair of socks. You can find the sock pattern and graph at:
http://www.helloyarn.com/freepatterns.htm

You have to scroll down a bit for them. I used the "We Call Them Pirates" hat graph for my grandson's double-knit cap. I used a skull pattern for his flaps hat. Noooo... I forgot to bring the camera, so no photos.

For more skull patterns, try the Goth knitting site:
http://www.squidoo.com/gothknit#module1683682

There is a Warner Bros. Loony Tunes/Merry Melodies thing going on all day on the idiot eye. Ah... knitting, listening to great old 'toons and reading a book during the commercials and sipping on a tall coffee. Life does not get any better than that, does it?

Maggie does not care about anything right now, pushing me into the corner of the couch a bit at a time. Can someone explain the physics of a 10-lb. Pekingese's ability to grow longer and a good ton heavier when napping? One moment I am comfortably seated, knitting, beading, or reading, the next I am shoved tightly against the armrest in the corner. How does she do that?

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment