Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Done!Done!Done! (my knitted sweater, that is)

What the hell am I so happy about? I finished the Celsian sweater today. The photos suck. It is very hard to take photos of a light grey sweater on a medium-grey carpet. No, I do not have any cloths to lay it on that I can find around the house. Maybe when the sun comes out I will try again. Maybe.

I still need to wash and block the sweater. The pattern changes sizes every 4". I wanted to be able to pull the sweater closed with overlap, so went for the "large" size. The sweater is warm, soft and fits perfectly. I did add almost 3" to the sleeve-lengths. I do not like too-short sleeves. The sweater is NOT slimming. Oh yes, I look pudgy, matronly. My Great Tracks of Land have to be accommodated.

Next, maybe a goofy hat to wear with it. I will not use a pattern I thought I was going to use, a fitted cap with brim. It is too fitted. I would be all fuzzy uppers with a pinhead. I have never been a fashion maven, but I do have some sort of standards... I am still looking for them. Maybe a beret-like hat with a brim? I have tons of patterns on the shelf.

The yarn would pill, but I am going to still make Claudia of Countrywool's "Percentage Pointless Gloves".
http://countrywool.tripod.com/kits_patterns/mitten.htm

I love this pattern. I call them "Bully Gloves". I can still do stuff, but the fingers and hands are warm. I do make the fingers a little longer than most people. I go just over the last joint, in-between that and my fingernails. I used them at the storage facility I managed for years and they fit the bill perfectly. My last pair was knitted in titty-pink handspun. My daughter took them for work. Funny, but this pair has never been permanently borrowed from her desk.

In other news, He got us each a HP Mini 311. Mine is mine and His is his. I love this tiny netbook. Typing is a challenge at times. I keep hitting a key, sending the cursor to another part of what I am typing. Sentences are getting jumbled. I try to proof-read a bit before posting. "Try" is the operative word.

I need grammar check. I already give Word fits when I have the program check the grammar. the program has no sense of humor what-so-ever.

No comments :

Post a Comment