This and that

Before we drove all the way down to the Sierras a week ago, I took the photos below.


The first rose buds are above. We were only gone a few days and all the roses were blooming when we got back. Below are photos of pansies growing in a bouquet and the march of the pansies across our driveway.





Above, the Heart of the Fairy Oracle deck's box. Front, and back photos above, bottom and top is the photo under those two. (Depending on your computer, they may be in one line.) Clicking on the photos helps. It was not easy to photograph. I have a light box somewhere in the shed exactly for photographing beads and beaded items. One day I may drag it out.

I am using a tarot workbook that is more my style of learning- The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot - EVER! by Dusty White. Most will be put off by the title. If you are visual and prefer reading intuitively, then check it out.

I am knitting my daughter's pug Yogi a sweater for this fall. I am using acky-lack camo yarn. I need to find some washable wool for the cooler months. I have torn the sweater apart 5 times now. The first time was because his neck was mis-measured... by a lot! The other times was because I messed up. I know, it is a dog's sweater. I am picky. I might add front leg sleeves. I may add back leg sleeves but not weave in the ends until we make sure they are easy for them to put his legs into. He is a neat guy.

We, sadly, take our grandson back on the 5th of July. He will enjoy real fireworks first, of course. As usual, the few weeks we have him are flying by. sigh....

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

3 comments:

  1. Check out Berocco Vintage for a really nice, not to pricey, washable wool-acrylic blend.

    Have fun with the grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling! There just isn't enough time and then they are 12 and in Jr. High.

    Oh Bother!

    Have a blast while you may-and isn't it great to tuck them in and have night kisses and then go back and watch them sleeping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the yarn tip, Rosemary. It is much appreciated.

    I really enjoyed our brief time with the grandson, Terry. The trip down and back, amounting to 4000 miles altogether, sucked. It was worth it, of course.

    ReplyDelete