...and photos!

There he is, Mr. Robin. The emblem of Spring. So where is the sun? Huh? He was posing just before I grabbed my camera, sideways like a Robin Hitchcock. Very portly-looking. He must be chilled


Remember that vest thing? I finally laid it out on the floor to show how it is constructed. Sort-of. It is knit from side-to-side. The sloped armholes does give it a "bag" to the back. I think if I make them straight the back will hang straight. You will have to click on the photos to see them closer.

Below is the vest thing hanging to sort of show how it wears. On, it is very nice. I need to find a better test yarn than the cotton I grabbed. The cotton was too thick and would not have the right drape. The original is machine-knit, badly. I will have to go over every edge to secure them so it can be washed. If you notice below, the black "ties" gives a roll that looks good for the way it hangs. I could not find any commercial pattern for this, so I am uninventing it. When it is finished, I will share it here.
It is a straight rectangle with armholes. The front neck is knitted separately and then attached. I am assuming for structure?We shall see.

That is it for now. I am going to draw up some patterns for new Russian Needlepunch boxes to be worked sometime soon. Oh, spin up something for the vest thing. I think that will be the name of the pattern.

You can all go back to sleep now...

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment