Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Name these bugs...please

I posted this over in my gardening blog. Warning, the photos below are gross. I dug these up today. The few I found the last two days went death-by-trowel. I cannot find them in any of my books or online I had also found yesterday a grasshopper-like albino, slimy thing I smashed, not thinking to sharing with others to find out what it was. Lucky you to miss it. the fat white wormy-things have 6 little legs to the front. They are not only groww, they are wrong-looking. Ew!



I have not been knitting and the like. I have blisters that formed under my gardening gloves and my hands hurt right now. Since it is supposed to rain the next day or so, I am going to rest a bit, catch up on some reading. And napping. sleeping with fried-skin shoulders is not fun. I posted in my garden blog what I have been up to, and I am not retyping it.

I hope to get back into craft work once I get the garden going. Time to put more aloe vera gel and lavender oil on my tender shoulders....

3 comments :

  1. ok so where is the garden blog and did you get *the package?* I have seen similar wormy creations at the bottom of my fish pond. can't be tasty as they don't eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://blackthumbofdeathgardening.blogspot.com

    There is a link under my latest mug-shot.

    YES! I wanted to call, but was baking my brains in the sun trying to get the soil ready for next month. It is going to rain and storm, so figured I could curl up with a drink and call to chat.

    A huge "thank you!" but still going to call tomorrow afternoon or the next.

    Fish must be smart. I wonder what the robins would do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen worms of that type in the bottom of my fish pond. The fish don't eat them, could *that* be our first clue?

    Did ya get the soap?

    ReplyDelete