First Day of Summer

I took a lot more photos of things growing around our house that I will post periodically.

I have been knitting a bag for some cards out of a rather rough first-learning-to-spin wool that I Kool-aid dyed. (laughing) It does look like candy. I am going to full it for softness when done.

The grandson liked the idea of me changing the started bead bag in camo-colors to a bag to hold his birthday prezzie, a mp3 player. The bag has laid there for months. It is boring because there is no set pattern to bead? no clue. We may be having some beautiful days, so I am going outside instead. It is lovely outside and we had winter without a spring, (write this down!), I am ready for summer. Weird for me.

So... the normal boring same old thing. Photos below are a tad more interesting. Descriptions are below. Of course, clicking on them makes them a little bigger.

We found a dead bee hanging off a rose bloom and the Lady above by the bee. I have never seen a white spider! Rather cool, no?

Nasturtiums

The nasturtiums are doing well. I have another, but should of planted more.





Chamomile

The patch of chamomile is coming up. some have already managed to breach their area. I am guessing I dropped seed, being tiny dashes for seeds. speaking of spilled seeds...

The ball of leaves may be about the size of a golf ball now. It is right outside the thyme splotch. It may be thyme! (laughing)

Lamb's Ears




The lamb's ears are getting their finger-cot-like bloom heads. Boy, if I do not water them daily, they droop. Heavy?






One of 4 lobelias has started blooming. Delicate little purple flowers that start out as pinkish bb's.

Soapwort






The soapwort seems to be happy.

Mint
I thought I killed the mint, but they survived. I need to
take the goofy nursery spikes out.



The snowballs are now white! The bush was here when we moved in. It was straggly and dying. Himself whacked it to the ground to protect Maggie's eyes. she kept putting them up against the branches sticking out. It seems it liked the butchering. I staked them to give them something to hold them up.

Arnica

Last of the arnicas. I really should of saved the flower heads... (sigh)











A strange bloom. A close-up of another to the right.








That is it for today.

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment