Peppers hanging in... - Gardening

Edit: I have imported this from my The Black Thumb of Death Gardening Blog to my regular blog...  

...because they are still inside! Our weather has still been unseasonably cool.

Last week we had a couple of beautiful days. I brought out the tomatoes and peppers for their eventual release into the garden. A storm was coming in, and that was when I realized I forgot about them. The peppers, loving heat, were fine. The tomatoes? They were not amused. I brought them all in. After a few days later, I realized that I messed up and went ahead and planted them while I start a new batch. No photos yet. With sage advice, I put a cloth over the tomatoes and allow them a bit of sun in the morn, if there is any. 

The tomatoes are from High Mowing seeds may make it. The organic Burpees... Mostly likely not. The formers germination rate is good and the plants seem to be hardy, withstanding me for one thing! The Burpee's have about half the germination rate and are tender weenies when the plants go outside. The other organic seed companies I bought, Irish Eyes for one, are also hardy.

Even with rain coming today, I have to water here soon. The rain is not happening quite long enough.

Oh, the potatoes seem to be thriving. I have to get more straw to start hilling around them.

I found if I step back and not baby the plants, they are doing much better. Fussing causes planticide. hmmmm...

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment