Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Photos (Black Thumb of Death Gardening)

Edit: I have imported this from my The Black Thumb of Death Gardening Blog to my regular blog...  

Things are moving along well. I am still in awe that I got something to grow and keep growing, not fall over shrivel and die a horrible death. I am sure I am still on a wanted poster for multiple offenses of planticide. On my other blog is a few canned items, if one likes looking at jarred food.

Okay... This is a photo of more bellpeppers appearing. (Why does spell-check hate the way I have spelled "bellpepper" since a child?) It is a grouping of three. The others I pictured previously are getting bigger by the day.




This is a wax pepper. A very happy wax pepper. It is sticking straight up in the air at the top of the plant.

This is a cayenne pepper. Another very happy pepper sticking straight up in the air at the top of the plant. Is there something going on when I am not looking?

mmmmmm... Tomatoes. The first one to form is above.

Stepping back a teeny bit, you can see more are forming.



A tomato bloom. Pretty things. The bees love them. I like what they become.

As mentioned in a previous post, I allowed one plant of each variety to go to seed. The weird looking bit above is radish. I think I got cherry belles... Or belle cherry. No matter. They are quite tasty and not hot. I am guessing the alien-cactus-like green things are the seed pods.

See the yellow wheat-ish stuff inside the red circle? There is an arrow pointing. See? The first ear of corn will be forming soon! I forgot the name for that bit. It is a good sign, yes?

Tomight I go look at the cabbages. Something is eating holes in the leaves. I did kill some cabbage moths, but I still have not found a worm to warrant the holes on outer leaves. One one head has a few holes on one outer leaf. I am not sure if the worms or caterpillars come out at night, but I am going to try. I have managed to kill some brownish grasshopper-like bugs too. It is not easy and I have only been successful half of the time. They hop. I do not, nor am I quick enough to catch one. I did get to stomp a few that landed out of the beds, smashing them to nothing.

Night!

No comments :

Post a Comment