A spark of hope

Okay...
Before, Blogger did not work unless in "compatibility view". Turning that off in Internet Explorer 9 seems to fix the problems with their new interface.

I am not holding my breath.

In other news, Sally is growing well and cute as ever.

Housetraining is going very slowly. It never occurred to us to train her to potty on the gravel. She could of started out on that right off and protected under the huge carport during wet or icy weather. Hindsight sucks. She has about 1 to 2 accidents a day. We are being patient and taking her out every hour or so if needed. She went from a dirt area to the gravel area on her own. No more mud that way, so a plus. She still does not give clear signals she needs out. She rings the bells to go potty... or to go outside and play... or to play with the bells. Sometimes she sits and stares at me, "puppy powers activate!".

She also will lick and eat anything. I pulled a bit of ponderosa pine needle our her nether region today. What fun. I never had a dog that would taste, chew and swallow anything. sigh... "Drop it!" and "no bite" (which covers all chewing too) is a constant phrase along with "go good potty" and "good potty spot" for as long as it takes for her to widdle or poo.

She will do- sit, down, and stand-  on command. She is learning to shake hands/paws. Himself is teaching that one. She is slowly eating less at lunch time. She may want two feedings a day soon?

No new photos of Sally or anything else. I have a lot to do in a short period of time along with caring for Sally. I do hope to get photos of the tulips when the buds open and the black pansies before they die off.

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment