Busy, busy baking bread

I have been getting a few things done out in the garden, processing it and getting it set away. You can see some of the stuff in other posts.

In-between all of the stuff from the garden, I finished my grandson;s little sweater. I used acky-lack Red Heart. ugh! It is washable, and with washing, be okay. I need buttons before I photograph it. I have still not photographed my tops I finished. (sigh...) I will, at some point. I worked on the sweater while finishing various kitchen chores, and got through a couple of books. I tend to overdo a tad.

Saturday I made a starter for some "french" bread, bread without butter or a sploosh of honey to feed the yeast. Below is photos of the starter, taken Sunday morning. I forgot to photograph the bread before freezing the loaves. I dragged them out and a loaf, photos below. I made 4 small loaves. With only the two of us, a loaf lasts a couple of days.


 I love to bake. Making bread is relaxing. The kneading is soothing, It seems to be good for my upper arms, too. I think I will make an oatmeal bread next. It sounds yummy. Great for a morning piece of toast, the few times I eat something in the morning. We have to freeze our bread so it stays fresh. We do not eat enough between the two of us to do other wise.
So... That is it for now. I need to start my next knitting project. What is it? No clue. I have a stack of patterns that I want to knit up. I need to focus on the grandboys, first. 

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment