Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Yeah...yeah... Rather late on the former and rather early on the latter. I could say I have been busy, but I am not into lying. (grin)

My family had a lovely Christmas. We "watched" on Skype as our grandson's opened their presents. It was cool, though heart-wrenching not being there. We take what we can.

We, for the first time in years, maybe a decade, set up a tree. We found a 6' one on the property that worked nicely. I had to get some glass balls at Walmart. Man... They have become cheap. The boxes may not be reusable to store them. It is stupid, but I pine for the times 20 to 30 years ago. Some may remember when things were made better, came in a manner that was storable if applicable, and especially, when you could repair things. My great-grandma's washer was about 40 years old when it finally gave up. Now, you are lucky to get a 1 year warranty on a $2000+ fridge! I have become even more adept at making-do and stretching the life out of the current offerings.

Oops... I am in a lovely mood and went off towards the Murk. Sorry.

I am hoping a local woman is still making her durable folding clothes drying racks. I still have not dragged out my wool and dyed it to make a bunch of lookerhooked rugs. I used to put the wool on drying screens slid onto my old rack (which my daughter now has). The woman uses the thick dowels like the old one. Sturdy for life. I charted out the rugs. I just need to get the wool dyed and carded. I saw a cool You Tube on using a diz. It was a great reminder. It has been years. She "dizzed" it right off the drum career. Cool.

Knitting-wise, I am still working on the Eye-bleeding I-cord rug for the granddaughter. I am close to being done. Oh yes, I will inflict it here. Heh...heh...heh

No photos this round. This is even more boring than usual! (laughter) No silly resolutions for the new year. Though... I do wish you all a great new year filled with a lot of what you need. I am blessed with great family and friends who love me. I cannot improve on that.

The seed catalogues are coming in. Time to map out the garden!

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment