Marshmallow Fudge Recipe Homemade Bearclaws Recipe How to Dehydrate Kale Knitted Bully Gloves Homemade Felt Book Cover Homemade Vegetable Crackers Recipe Hand-beaded Purse Clasp My Best Lard Soap Recipe DIY Comfrey Blend Salve Recipe Italian-Style Zucchini Sauce Recipe Knitted Fish Hat DIY Plywood Plank Flooring Chocolate Hand Pies Quilt Curtains Killer Pizza Dough Recipe Hempalicious Soap Recipe Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds Dragon Locker Hooked Rug Chamomile & Calendula Salve Recipe Pit Cream Maple Honey Nut Cereal Recipe

Description

Personal blatherings, living simply, gardening, cooking, canning, dehydrating, knitting, spinning and more.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Lovely cool weather

We had to turn on the furnace today! Yea! Cool weather is here!

I am a few inches along on the new beaded box. I spent the weekend beading and watching the series "Eureka" on DVDs. Himself announced we were out of food, necessitating a drive down into town. The trees are turning, one a gorgeous, flaming trunk of reds, oranges and golds. Lovely!

A few photos I took recently...

On my morning walks, the dew is still apparent. Below are a few weeds and plants on my path. The rose hips look rather juicy. The fir tree is one of my favorite, though I do not know the species. Its scent is a mixture of spice and white musk. the scent after a rain is even more intense.
Another shot of the now-gone tiger lilys.
The bird feeders were over-whelmed last week with flocks of birds. We now have a few sparrows around. One day, a scene from "The Birds", the next, nothing.
I grabbed my camera for the photos above after my walk. I brought out Miss Maggie. This was taken from afar. She was waiting for me, impatient I was not paying attention solely to her.
I may of mentioned Himself got a deep-fryer. He deep-fried some pirogi and raviolis before indulging in his favorite, chicken. They came out rather well, not greasy. I made a garlicky red sauce. They were quite delicious.



That is it. Back to beading for now. Next I must spin up yarn for mittens and bully gloves.

No comments :

Post a Comment