Lovely cool weather

We had to turn on the furnace today! Yea! Cool weather is here!

I am a few inches along on the new beaded box. I spent the weekend beading and watching the series "Eureka" on DVDs. Himself announced we were out of food, necessitating a drive down into town. The trees are turning, one a gorgeous, flaming trunk of reds, oranges and golds. Lovely!

A few photos I took recently...

On my morning walks, the dew is still apparent. Below are a few weeds and plants on my path. The rose hips look rather juicy. The fir tree is one of my favorite, though I do not know the species. Its scent is a mixture of spice and white musk. the scent after a rain is even more intense.



Another shot of the now-gone tiger lilys.
The bird feeders were over-whelmed last week with flocks of birds. We now have a few sparrows around. One day, a scene from "The Birds", the next, nothing.

I grabbed my camera for the photos above after my walk. I brought out Miss Maggie. This was taken from afar. She was waiting for me, impatient I was not paying attention solely to her.


I may of mentioned Himself got a deep-fryer. He deep-fried some pirogi and raviolis before indulging in his favorite, chicken. They came out rather well, not greasy. I made a garlicky red sauce. They were quite delicious.



That is it. Back to beading for now. Next I must spin up yarn for mittens and bully gloves.

Deb

I am a bit ecclectic. This blog is whimsical musings about my various interests and sharing things I am learning. If anything, it will be a good sleeping pill, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment